Middle East Peace Projects (Partnership for Peace)
Supports local and international civil society initiatives that promote peace, tolerance and non violence in the Middle East
Israel, Jordan and Occupied Palestinian Territory
Budget: Annual budget ranging from €5-10 million
Actions in brief
- Implements the PfP programme to reinforce civil society organisations acting in peace building and conflict transformation.
- Increases the base for support to the Middle East peace process.
- Empowers marginalized communities and strengthen their capacity to conflict resistance.
- Raises awareness of decision-makers and public opinion on existing visions for peace
- Palestinian-Israeli Peace NGO Forum (civil society)
- The Israel Jordan Integrated Emergency Medical System Concept (health)
- Keeping the Options Open for Final Status in Jerusalem (peace building)
- “Football: Our Common Ground” – Promoting Coexistence between Israeli and Palestinian Youth through Football (youth)
- Investing in Peace: Palestinian- Israeli Engagement through ICT Business Cooperation (economy)
- Raptor pest control as a sustainable resource management model in the Jordan Valley in support of the Middle East peace process (environment)
- One Voice: Refugee Youth Magazine (refugees)
- A Seat at the Table: An action to map the obstacles to equality between Jewish and Arab-Palestinian citizens in government ministries' policy and to develop inclusive practices for shaping equality policies (governance)
- Community Radio Station in Birzeit Area (media)
The EU and Tunisia held on Thursday their second high-level political dialogue....
In the framework of the EU’s Regional Initiative on the future of Syria,...
The EU has expressed its condolences to the Egyptian authorities, the victims...
The European Union has been able to accompany democratic reforms in its...
Between June 2011 and June 2012 the EU donated nearly €6,500,000...
It was a cultural barrier that the European Union had to address together with...
A brochure highlighting the key priorities of regional cooperation in...
Projects in Action, a magazine produced by the EU Neighbourhood Info Centre is...