- PHOTO STORIES
- PRESS PACKS
Neighbourhood Civil Society Facility
Strengthening and promoting the role of civil society actors in reforms and democratic changes taking place in the Neighbourhood countries, through increased participation in the fulfillment of European Neighbourhood Policy objectives.
Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Syria, Tunisia (South), Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine (East)
Timeframe: 2011 - 2013
Budget: €26.4 million in 2011 for both Neighbourhood East and South; 2012 - 2013: €22 million for the South (€11 million each year).
Actions in brief
- Identifies and analyses civil society actors' needs and capacities in the region, as well as the way in which these actors can contribute to specific sector policy dialogues;
- Supports capacity-building activities (trainings, seminars, workshops, exchange of good practices, ad-hoc support, etc.) for civil society actors, so as to enhance their capacities and their role in promoting reform and increasing public accountability in ENP policy areas;
- Supports the organisation of multi-stakeholder consultations at national and regional level involving civil society actors, national authorities and EU Delegations so as to facilitate their participation in sector policy dialogues between the EU and partner countries and in implementation of relevant bilateral projects and programmes;
- Supports civil society actors-led monitoring and advocacy activities regarding fulfilment of ENP commitments, at regional, sub-regional or national level, as well as the activities of platforms and networks of civil society organisations;
- Seeks to strengthen the role of civil society actors in the policy-making process, and to promote a more favourable attitude of governments and local authorities towards them, through participatory approaches and consultations.
An information session has been scheduled for applicants interested in the call...
A new photo story ”The Old Khan restored to its former glories” has...
A new project that aims to promote community preparedness and response for...
What happens when two groups do not share the same opinion? They must learn, if...
Having gone on a series of training courses, they have elected an executive...
Armed with brushes, paints and spades, their chosen battlefields are schools...
A brochure highlighting the key priorities of regional cooperation in...
Projects in Action, a magazine produced by the EU Neighbourhood Info Centre is...
A handbook on “European Union Funding for the Neighbourhood and...