- PHOTO STORIES
- PRESS PACKS
Euromed Aviation II
Promotes the emergence of a Euro-Mediterranean Common Aviation Area, and supports an open and secure aviation market in the Mediterranean Partner Countries with a view to further integrating it into the EU
Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, occupied Palestinian territory, Syria, Tunisia
Budget: €4 million (Main contract €2 million; Project for the set-up and running of the Mediterranean Aviation Safety Cell (MASC) €2 million)
Actions in brief
- Facilitates the convergence of partner countries’ air traffic management systems with the Single European Sky legislation;
- Organises 4 regional workshops and possible expert missions in the area of licensing with a view of applying equivalent financing requirements and similar conditions related to the granting / withdrawal of operating licences in the partner countries;
- Organises technical assistance by experts on competition issues and passenger protection and ensures the creation of a service/unit, within all the beneficiaries countries devoted to passengers rights;
- Promotes the opening-up of the ground-handling sector and the implementation of an airport charges scheme;
- Assists Mediterranean partners in aligning their ramp inspection regime with the common European procedures and in the establishment of an independent safety regulator and harmonisation of certification rules applicable to aeronautical products and staff;
- Provides assistance and training in the areas of harmonisation of the regulations and national programmes and passengers and baggage screening;
- Presents and promotes EU regulations on greenhouse gas emission and the ongoing development of a trading mechanism within the EU also applicable to third country flights coming into the EU.
- Assists participating partner countries in incorporating EU aviation safety rules in their national legal and regulatory systems and in the follow-up of the results of the fact-finding inspections and in implementing the necessary measure to correct the findings;
- Organises the participation of experts from participating partner countries to EASA organised technical tasks and organises two steering committees of the MASC per year
- Organises, through audits on-site, fact-finding inspections in participating partner countries to assess the level of implementation of safety rules;
- Establishes and manages, in cooperation with the partner country, a system to collect, exchange and analyse safety data
Are you looking for information on relations between the EU and one of its...
Three new calls for proposals for Twinning have just been launched in Algeria...
Has the time come for your project to start engaging with social media,...
Efficient transport links between the EU and its 10 Mediterranean partners,...
Imagine you could take container traffic off the roads and put it onto boats...
Syria hosted on April 8 a workshop on EU's Egnos and Galielo satellite...
A brochure highlighting the key priorities of regional cooperation in...
The European Commission’s DG Research and Innovation has published...
Projects in Action, a magazine produced by the EU Neighbourhood Info Centre is...