- PHOTO STORIES
- PRESS PACKS
Seminar to debate role of civil society in environment and sustainable development in the Mediterranean
A two-day Seminar aiming at strengthening the capacity of Southern Mediterranean civil society to build a new development model, integrating two dimensions, environment and sustainable development, is being organised by the EU-funded Civil Society Regional Programme from 21 to 23 February in the Jordanian capital Amman.
Representatives of Euromed civil society organisations operating in the framework of environment and sustainable development, as well as professionals and experts in this field will take part in the Seminar, which will include the following sessions:
- Limited resources and economic performance in the Mediterranean: the creation of a steady and prosperous economy.
- Sustainable development and the global discourse: state of the art of the debate.
- The International Conventions and their enforcement, including participation, awareness-raising and education of the public to sustainable development.
- Revision - in a sustainable development perspective - of European policies concerning the Mediterranean region.
- Specific issue and analyses of civil society, proposals for sustainable development in the Southern Mediterranean Countries. Report on the progress of the National Coordination Groups on environment and sustainable development.
- Presentation of the objectives and processes of the Work Groups.
- Presentation of the Work Groups’ results.
- Seminar’s wrap-up and conclusions.
An information session has been scheduled for applicants interested in the call...
A new photo story ”The Old Khan restored to its former glories” has...
A new project that aims to promote community preparedness and response for...
What happens when two groups do not share the same opinion? They must learn, if...
Having gone on a series of training courses, they have elected an executive...
In an effort to optimize water consumption and to minimize leakages in the...
A brochure highlighting the key priorities of regional cooperation in...
The European Commission’s DG Research and Innovation has published...
Projects in Action, a magazine produced by the EU Neighbourhood Info Centre is...