The EU-funded MedFilm4all project launched its first call for proposals last February to support projects designed to widen the access to films tackling gender issues, with a special focus on youth in rural areas, improve the representation of women, and empowering women professionals in the film industry.
42 project proposals were received. The MedFilm4all selection committee who met from 16 to 21 April 2018 in Tangiers, Morocco, to choose the projects that will be supported technically and financially, validated the 5 following projects:
- “Sawia” – Association Culturelle Tunisienne pour l’Insertion et la Formation (Tunisia and Libya)
- Community Cinema - Media Arts for Development – MADEV (Egypt)
- 7e ART pour l’égalité des femmes – Institut Méditerranéen Démocratique pour le Développement et la Formation – IMDDF (Morocco)
- Local Communities lead the defence of Women’s rights through audiovisual productions – Teacher Creativity Center – TCC (Palestine)
- Audiovisuals for human development and gender equality – Youth Network for Civic Activism – YNCA (Lebanon)
MedFilm4all is a 36-month EU-funded project that aims at contributing to human development and gender equality through the diffusion of audio-visual products addressing social issues in the Southern Mediterranean region. The project is part of the MedFilm programme, a regional programme of the European Union.
MedFilm4all – Facebook page
MedFilm4all – Youtube channel